Asparagus Tofu Stir-Fry Recipe
1 cup dry jasmine rice or other long-grain white rice.
2 cups water
vegetable or peanut oil
8 oz. extra-firm pressed tofu
1 bunch fresh asparagus
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup rice wine (or dry sherry)
1/4 large sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or crushed
1 tsp palm sugar (or brown sugar)
water to cover
2 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
1 tbsp. black vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
2 tbsp. palm sugar (or brown sugar)
1 tsp. white pepper
5 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
2 tsp. fresh grated ginger root
1 1/2 tbsp. rice wine or dry sherry
3 tbsp. water
1. Prepare the tofu. Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch thick triangles. Gently press between woven cloth to remove excess moisture. Dry-fry in a Teflon pan over medium heat with NO OIL, pressing with spatula frequently. It is done when firm and golden on both sides. (See How to Cook Tofu Like the Pros: Dry-fry and Marinate Method for detailed instructions on pressing and dry-frying tofu, a professional technique).
2. Meanwhile, prepare the marinade. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl, then submerge the tofu after dry-frying.
3. Start cooking the rice (follow the directions for whatever variety you have).
4. Prepare the brown sauce. Heat all brown sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat (medium for a gas range). Bring to a boil and simmer for three minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Stir-fry. Heat a well-seasoned wok until smoking over medium-high to high heat (or use a large pan if you do not have a wok). Add about 3 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil to the wok, then add drained tofu and asparagus. Stir-fry over medium-high to high heat just until asparagus is tender but still slightly crunchy. Cut the heat and toss the stir-fry with the brown sauce.
6. Serve immediately over rice. Enjoy!
lien ici photos superbe